19 January, 2018
Veg Mughlai Paratha
Veg Mughlai Paratha Recipe is a paratha where crumbled paneer tossed with veggies is cooked in ground spices and filled with eggs in Indian Flat Bread to shape a thick fat square packet and served with tangy mint and coriander chutney.
For the dough: 3 tablespoons Wheat flour, 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida), 1 cup Wheat flour, 2 tablespoons Rice flour , to make it crisp, 1 tablespoon Ghee , or oil, 1 teaspoon Salt, Water , as required to knead
For the filling: 500 grams Paneer , crumbled, 1 Onion , finely chopped, 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , chopped, 1 Green bell peppers , chopped, 5 cloves Garlic , garlic, minced, 1 inch Ginger , minced, 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped, 3 Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped, 5 sprig Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped, Cooking oil , as required, Salt (adjust according to your taste) , to taste
- To begin making the Veg Mughlai Paratha, mix all the ingredients mentioned under dough and add water to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a muslin cloth and keep aside while you prepare the filling.
- Heat a pan and dry roast all the whole spices mentioned under ‘all spice mix’ on a low flame. Do not burn them. Once the aromas of the spices wafts in the air, turn off the flame and let them cool.
- Grind the roasted spices into fine powder and store in an air tight jar for further use in curries etc,
- Heat oil in a wok and add chopped onions. Sauté till they are golden.
- Now add minced ginger and garlic along with chopped green chilies. Fry till raw smell goes of and is brown in colour.
- Add chopped bell peppers and crumbled and mix well. Cook until the peppers soften.
- Simmer the gas and add salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon allspice mix and mix thoroughly. Close the lid and let the stuffing cook until the masala is cooked.
- Add chopped mint and coriander and quickly give a nice mix again and turn off the gas. Let the stuffing cool till room temperature.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, add wheat flour and mix littler water to form a sticky paste and keep aside.
- Heat a non stick tawa / pan. Pinch a large size lobe from the dough and roll to make a big chapati.
- Place the chapati on a heated pan. Allow few boils to come and flip it over.
- Take a large spoon of the mixture (stuffing) and place on the centre .
- Now carefully close all sides of paratha to make a square. While you fold you can spread some of the wheat flour paste so that it closes easily.
- Add oil from sides and shallow fry the parathas till they are golden and crisp from all sides.
- Transfer the paratha to the serving plate and serve hot.
- Serve Veg Mughlai Paratha along with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney and Boondi Raita.