25 November, 2017
Veg Dum Biryani
Posted in : Rice on by : Aafreen Shaikh Tags: Garam masala, Ghee, Mix Vegetables, Rice, Saffron
for rice: 8 cups water, 2 bay leaf / tej patta, 1 inch cinnamon stick, ½ tsp cloves, 1 star anise, ½ tsp pepper, 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp salt, 1½ basmati rice, soaked for 20 minutes
for biryani gravy: 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp ghee , 1 bay leaf / tej patta, 2 inch cinnamon stick, ½ tsp cloves, 1 star anise, 1 tsp shah jeera , 4 cardamom, 1 onion, finely chopped, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrot, gobi, peas, potato, beans), chopped, 1 cup curd / yogurt, 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, ½ tsp haldi, 2 tsp biryani masala powder, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp coriander-mint paste, 1 cup water, 15 cubes paneer
other ingredients: ¼ cup pudina, chopped, ¼ cup coriander, chopped, 1 tbsp ghee, ½ cup fried onions , ¼ cup saffron water, pinch of biryani masala powder, wheat dough, to seal
- firstly, in a thick bottomed deep vessel spread in a layer of prepared biryani gravy.
- further layer with cooked rice.
- also spread few chopped mint, coriander, fried onions and saffron water.
- as a third layer, spread biryani gravy.
- repeat layering with cooked rice, saffron water, fried onions and biryani masala.
- also top with a tbsp of ghee, mint and coriander.
- close and seal with dough.
- simmer for 15 minutes.
- finally, serve hyderabadi dum biryani with raita.