16 June, 2017
Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce
Ingredients Of Tofu With Spinach In Black Pepper Sauce
200 gm cubes tofu, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced, 3 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger, 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped, 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal, 3 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, 1/2 to 3/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper, 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, 1/3 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts (optional)
How to Make Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add bell peppers, ginger, garlic and saute until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and green onions. Toss for about 2 minutes.
- Next add soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper. Toss to blend for about 1 minute.
- Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition.
- Mix in the basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle peanuts over (optional).