19 June, 2017
Tempered Bread Vagharia
Ingredients Of Tempered Bread Vagharia
5-7 whole wheat bread slices, 1 tomato – finely chopped, 2 stalks of curry leaves, 3 green chillies – chopped, 1/2 a cup of sprouts, 1 tsp. sesame seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder, 1/2 lemon, juice extracted, salt to taste, 2 tbsp oil, coriander leaves – for garnishing
How to Make Tempered Bread Vagharia
- Crumble bread slices coarsely with hands.
- Sprinkle chilli powder, turmeric, salt over bread.
- Mix gently with hands, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add seeds, asafoetida, allow to splutter.
- Add chillies, curry leaves, tomatoes, moong sprouts.
- Stir and sauté for 2-3 minutes, add lemon juice.
- Add bread, sesame seeds, stir gently till well blended with seasoning mixture.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and right away.