21 June, 2017
Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
Posted in : Desserts on by : Aafreen Shaikh Tags: Caramel, Chocolate, Salted
Ingredients Of Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
For Tarts:375 gms flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 250 gms butter, 16 Tbsp cocoa powder
For the Salted Caramel:3 Tbsp sugar, 14 Tbsp cream, 1 Tbsp butter, Pinch of sea salt, 1 stick vanilla pod
How to Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
- Add butter, sugar until the mixture is creamy and smooth slowly.
- Add eggs a little at a time.
- Prepare a dough.
- Roll dough on a light floured surface, shape dough into flat disks and fold it a bit.
- Dock with fork by placing a few small holes in the bottom of the dough to allow air through.
- Bake till the crust gets light brown in colour (20 minutes-baking time).
- Once the shell cools a bit, fill it the salted caramel chocolate filing.
For the Salted Caramel:
- Warm the cream to infuse vanilla.
- In a pot caramelise the sugar.
- When the sugar turns amber,add the infused cream and melted dark chocolate.
- Boil this mixture again and add the butter and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cool the mixture.
- Place it over the freshly prepared tarts.