8 September, 2017
Punjabi Rajma Masala
1 cup Cooked Rajma, 1 large Onion chopped, 3~4 Garlic cloves, 1 tsp chopped Ginger, 2 tsp Oil, 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 1 medium size Tomato puree, 1 tsp Garam masala, 1 tsp Red chili powder, 1 tsp Coriander powder, 1/4 tsp Amchur powder, 1/2 cup Water, Salt to taste, Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take rajma in cooker and cook on medium heat until 7 whistles. Never cook rajma on high heat.
- Take onion, garlic cloves and ginger. Blend in blender to make smooth puree.
- Do not add any water while blending. Try to blending without using any water.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Add ground masala. Fry masala on medium high heat for 7-8 minutes until it gets light golden color.
- Add tomato puree, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder and amchur powder.
- Mix well and cook masala on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes until spices release oil.
- Add cooked rajma, water and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mix well again.
- Turn off the gas and add finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Rajma masala is already.
- It goes well with paratha, fulka, chapatti or roti.