26 September, 2017
Posted in : Bread Items on by : Aafreen Shaikh Tags: Chaat masala, Cumin, Pepper, Pudina
Wheat flour1 1/3 cup,
- Take a large mixing bowl and sieve whole wheat flour (chappati flour) in it.
- Add salt and oil in the wheat flour.
- Also add finely chopped mint leaves and mix well using hand.
- Now while adding little water at time start kneading the dough for paratha.
- Knead thoroughly into soft dough while adding water as required. Cover the dough with damp cloth and keep aside for resting.
- Now to make pudina paratha spice mix, take roasted cumin powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add chaat masala and black pepper powder and mix well. The spice mix is ready.
- To roll the paratha divide the dough into lemon size paratha ball.
- Take the dough ball and roll it into 5-6 inch circular chappati.
- Apply some oil or ghee on top.
- Start making pleats from one side approximately 1-2 cm in thickness. Hold the strip with your fingers, lift and fold backwards in a manner that the first strip remains on top.
- Repeat above step and make pleats with remaining paratha until it become pile of strips.
- Now roll the right end of paratha strip inwards and make circular disc. Once rolled, press the left end of paratha strip below the center of rolled disc.
- Now place the paratha on rolling board and roll into 5-6 inch circle flat bread. Pudina paratha is ready to get roasted. Repeat above steps and roll parathas from remaining dough.
- Heat a cast iron tawa or skillet and once hot place the rolled paratha on top.
- Once bubbles appear on top, flip the paratha and apply oil or ghee on top side.
- Apply oil or ghee and roast the paratha on both sides until it turn golden brown.
- Take the paratha off the tawa and put on kitchen countertop / plate. Using both hands gently push the paratha on edges so that layers get separated.
- Delicious pudina paratha or mint lachha paratha is ready. Smear some makhan/butter on top and serve these parathas hot with curd, pickle or curry.