24 June, 2017
Ingredients Of Pindi Chole (My Yellow Table)
250 gms pindi chole, 1 Tbsp tea leaves, 1 Tbsp cloves, 3-4 cinnamon, 5-6 Green cardamom, 5-6 Black cardamom, 2-3 Bay leaves, 5-6 Ginger, 2-3 Green chillies, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp dried mango powder, 1 tsp kasuri methi powder, 2 Tbsp ajwain, 4-5 garlic pods, 1 Tbsp tamarind water, Black salt and regular salt, 1 tsp Red chilli powder, 1 tsp dhaniya powder, 1 tsp jeera powder, 1 tsp Pomegranate powder
How to Make Pindi Chole (My Yellow Table)
- Soak chole overnight,
- Take a clean cloth and put tea leaves, cinnamon, cloves, green & black cardamom, bay leaves in it and make a bundle (potli) out of it.
- In a pan put soaked chole along with the bundles spices, salt add water and allow this to boil for at least an hour.
- Once boiled, add turmeric powder, dhania powder, jeera powder, red chilli powder, pomegranate powder, dried mango powder & kasuri methi powder and keep aside without mixing or stirring.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute ajwain, ginger, garlic & green chillies,
- Now, pour the mixture over chole.
- Add water, pinch of black salt, one Tbsp. tamarind water, salt to taste and cook it over low
- Once cooked garnish with chopped coriander.