4 July, 2017
Papad Ki Subji
4 plain papad I am using plain urad dal Papadam, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds – jeera, 1/8 teaspoon asafetida – hing, 2 whole red chili dried, 2 cups of plain yogurt, sour yogurt works better – curd, dahi, 2 teaspoons finely shredded ginger, 1 teaspoon red chili powder – lal mirch, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric – haldi, 2 teaspoons coriander powder – dhania, 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds – mathi dana, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro – hara dhania
- Wash and soak fenugreek seeds for about 5 minutes, and change the water 3-4 times, this will reduce the bitterness from the fenugreek seeds. Drain the water and set aside.
- Break the papad in small pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the yogurt until it is smooth. Add ginger, chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, and fenugreek seeds and mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, oil should be moderately hot. Add cumin seeds as seeds crack add asafetida and whole red chilies, lower the heat.
- Add yogurt mix and cook over low heat stir continuously. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Add about 1 cup of water and cook for 3-4 minutes after gravy comes to boil.
- Add salt and papad mix it and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat add cilantro. Papad ki sabji is ready to serve.