28 March, 2018
Paneer Bhurji with cashew nuts
Paneer crumbled and cooked with cashew nuts, tomato and a variety of spices. There are many types of making Paneer Bhurji everyone has their favourite version of making Paneer Bhurji. Some like to add tomatoes, and some make it without tomatoes. I make both versions depending on the mood.
500 gm paneer, 500 kg tomatoes, 2 Tbsp desi ghee, 3 bay leaves, 3 whole red chillies, Little bit of lemon juice, 3-4 cloves, Salt, 4 black pepper corns 3 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 2 tsp cumin seeds, Chopped green chillies, 2 tsp chopped garlic & ginger, 1 chopped onion, 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 cup cashew nut paste, 1/2 cup cream, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin seed powder
For the marinade:
2 tsp garlic paste, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp ginger
- Cut half the paneer into cubes and crumble the other half paneer, with ginger and garlic paste, salt and red chilli powder.
- Slice tomatoes into quarters. Heat desi ghee in a pan, add bay leaves, whole red chillies, cloves, black pepper corns, garlic paste and ginger paste.
- As the garlic turns brown, add the tomatoes, salt and cook on low heat. Grind the tomato mixture and strain it.
- Blend the cashews and add the tomato gravy to the blended cashew. Cook for some time in a low heat and add crumbled paneer and mix it well.
- Heat desi ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, chopped garlic and chopped ginger. As the garlic turns brown, add the onions.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add red chilli powder, cumin powder, tomato-cashew paste, cream and little bit of lemon juice and cook for some time.
- Now add the paneer cubes and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Then add the crumbled paneer mix and cook for a minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.