14 June, 2017
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, 1 small onion, chopped2-4 garlic cloves, peeled2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp saltPinch of dried chili flakes, 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (plus extra, if needed), 1 tsp baking powderoil for cooking
- Fresh pitas, Tzatziki, Chopped cucumber, Tomatoes, Red onion
How to Make Oven-Roasted Falafel
- Preheat oven to 425 ˚F (220 ˚C).
- Place chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, salt, and chili flakes in bowl of food processor and pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Add flour and baking powder and pulse until it turns into soft mixture that you can roll into balls without sticking to your hands.
- (Add another spoonful of flour if it seems too sticky.)
- Roll dough into meatball-sized balls and gently flatten each into little patty.
- Place patties on heavy-rimmed baking sheet, preferably one that’s dark in color.
- Brush each patty with canola oil, flip them over and brush other side.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip them over and roast for another 10 minutes, until crisp and golden on both sides.
- Serve warm, wrapped in pitas, with tzatziki, chopped cucumber, tomatoes and red onion.