3 October, 2017
Lemony Hummus with Basil Dressing
Posted in : Quick and Easy on by : Aafreen Shaikh Tags: Basil Leaves, Chickpeas, Olive oil, Sesame seed
2 cups chickpeas, boiled, 4-5 garlic cloves, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1 Tbsp curd, 1 tsp cumin powder, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, Salt to taste, A bunch of basil leaves, ½ cup olive oil, plus extra for topping, Salt to taste
- In a pan, roast the sesame seeds until aromatic. Allow to cool and then ground into a powder.
- In a food processor or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
- Add the sesame powder, curd, cumin powder and salt, and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning.
- In a blender, pulse the basil leaves and olive oil till well mixed.
- Top it on the prepared hummus, along with a sprinkling of red chilli powder and fresh basil leaves. Serve with pita breads.