2 October, 2017
Kaju Mushroom Masala
3 tbsp Oil, 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera, Whole Garam Masala – 1″ Cinnamon stick,, 2 cloves, 2 Black peppercorns, 1 Bay Leaf, 1/2 tsp Garam masala, 1 tsp Coriander powder, 2 tsp Red Chilli powder, 2 tbsp broken Cashew nuts, 2 tbsp Whole Cashew nuts, 1 Tomato, 1 Onion finely chopped, Mushrooms 4 oz, 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- Wash and soak broken cashew nuts in warm water for 2 hours.
- Add soaked cashew and one tomato in to mixie pot and blend to make very smooth puree.
- Heat up oil, add whole garam masala, cumin seeds and finely chopped onions.
- Fry onions until it gets light golden color.
- Add chopped garlic, mix and cook for just about a minute.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, mix and cook for 2 mnts.
- Add tomato puree, mix and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until oil separates from the spices.
- Add water depending on the gravy consistency you want. Add salt, sugar, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Add whole cashews which were soaked in warm water for 2 hours and chopped mushrooms, mix well.
- Cover up and cook until mushrooms are done.
- Serve hot with Garlic naan, tandoori roti.