24 June, 2017
Ingredients Of Dal Bafla
For the Bafla:2 cups wheat flour, ¼ cup maize flour, ½ cup ghee, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ¼ tsp ajwain, Salt to taste
For the Dal:1 ½ cups toor dal, soaked, A pinch of hing, 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp turmeric powder, Salt to taste, 1 Tbsp desi ghee, 2 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Dal Bafla
- For the Bafla
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together to make a stiff dough, adding a little water at a time.
- Divide the dough into smaller balls, and roll them using your palms to make them smoother.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan. Add salt and turmeric, and then drop the balls and cook till they float on the surface.
- Place them on a kitchen towel to drain excess water.
- Once they are dried, bake them in the oven at 150 degree C for till crisp and golden on both the sides.
- For the Dal
- Pressure cook the dal in 3 ½ cups of water for 3 whistles, by adding salt and turmeric powder. Let the steam escape and then add the hing and stir well. Add a little water if it is too thick, and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add red chilli powder, and quickly pour this tadka in the boiling dal. Add sugar and remove from the flame. Finish with coriander leaves.
- To Serve
- Place two Baflas on a plate, crumble them using your fingers, add a teaspoon of ghee, and pour the dal on top.