12 October, 2017
Custard Apple Kheer
Comments : 1 Posted in : Festival Special, Indian Desserts on by : Aafreen Shaikh Tags: Apple, Custard, Jaggery, Milk
5 large custard apples, 100 gm jaggery, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 cup broken green gram (roasted), 1 cup coconut milk, 1 Tbsp almond flakes, 1 Tbsp pistachio flakes, 3-4 cups water
- Wash & peel the custard apple, separating the seeds and pulp.
- Discard the seeds and store the pulp in refrigerated condition.
- In a pressure cooker, place the roasted green gram and add 3 cups water, cook it till soft. (3 whistles)
- In a non-stick pan place the jaggery and cardamom powder and cook till the jaggery melts.
- Add the cooked green gram & custard apple pulp to the jaggery mixture mix well, add coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Garnish with nuts serve chilled.