4 October, 2017
Cabbage Stuffed Paratha
For the dough:
1 cup atta/ wheat flour, 1 tsp oil, Water, Salt, to taste
For the stuffing:
1 cup cabbage, chopped, 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped, 2 small boiled potatoes, mashed, 2 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped, 1/2 tsp ajwain, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder,1/2 tsp red chilli powder, Salt, to taste, 1/2 tsp zeera, 1/2 tsp heeng (Asafoetida), 2 Tbsp oil
- To make the dough:
- Mix flour, salt, oil (if needed), ajwain and water to make a soft pliable dough (not sticky). Let it set as you prepare the stuffing.
- For the stuffing:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add zeera, hing. Now add chopped cabbage, onion, mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt as needed, coriander leaves and other spices.
- Do not cover the pan and cook till the water evaporates.
- Remove the stuffing from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Making paranthas:
- Now divide the prepared dough into small equal size balls.
- Take one portion/ball and roll with a rolling-pin. Make a small roti and place a 1 Tbsp of prepared stuffing on the center.
- Cover from all the side, dust some flour and roll again to make a proper parantha.
- Make sure the stuffing should not come out, for that seal the sides with some water on the edges so the stuffing does not come out.
- Heat a tawa and drizzle few drops of oil.
- Place the stuffed parantha gently on the tawa and roast it from both sides by greasing it with oil or ghee.
- Serve hot with curd and pickle of your choice.